Unofficial Madden NFL 16 Fan Cover Vote
Posted on April 11 2015
With the Official Madden Cover Vote taking place sometime in May, we are giving you the opportunity to vote and see who next year's cover star should be. Who knows, maybe EA Sports will listen to the fans this year. Voting will take place over the next 4 weeks and new covers will be revealed for each player that advances to each new round.
But first, here is a list of interesting facts about Madden covers since 2000.
- John Madden was on the cover every year until 2000.
- Eddie George was the first player to grace the cover of Madden alone
- Seattle, Tennessee, Minnesota, and Detroit are the only teams with 2 cover stars
- Ray Lewis was the first defensive player to be put on the cover for Madden NFL 2005
- Richard Sherman was only the second defensive player to be put alone on the cover for Madden NFL 15
- 6 of 15 covers have had a QB; 6 HBs have graced the cover of Madden
- The only positions to ever make the cover include QB, HB, WR, MLB, SS, and CB.
- It has been 4 years since a QB has been on the cover. The previous longest drought was 1 year.
- 13 of the 17 Madden Cover Stars since 2000 have had their team reach the playoffs that same year.
- Only 13 of the 32 NFL teams have had a player on the cover
Click on each cover below to reveal a large, high def version of each. You are allowed 1 vote per day and the polls close at midnight on Friday.