Football Outsiders Week 4
Posted on September 22 2015
The Football Outsiders program continues this Friday and will include one card that is only available for 24 hours. These cards include both well-known players as well as under-the-radar players who stood out in DVOA (Defense-adjusted Value Over Average) and DYAR (Defense-adjusted Yards Above Replacement).
- 90 DT Geno Atkins, CIN (24 HOURS ONLY): Sack, 2 hurries, 3 quarterback knockdowns despite facing almost constant double-teams.
- 85 RG Brandon Linder, JAC: Allowed no sacks, quarterback hits, or pressure against Ndamukong Suh and the Miami defensive line.
- 84 WR Travis Benjamin, CLE: Fourth among Week 2 wide receivers with 55 DYAR (3-for-4, 115 yards, 2 TD) plus 154 yards on 6 punt returns including a 78-yard TD. Punt returns were worth an estimated 8.3 points of field position more than an average punt returner would get with similar opportunities.
- 83 LE Brian Robinson, MIN: Led NFL with 5 defeats in week 2 including 2 PDs on third down.
- 81 RB Dion Lewis, NE: Led all running backs in Week 2 with 46 DYAR (7 runs, 40 yards, TD; 5-for-10 on passes, 93 receiving yards)